View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 11:43   Link #34
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Tradition. They were the humans who left the Earth to journey into the stars. They continue that journey to this day, only to be hindered by aliens as they go further and further. Avalon is their mobile home.

I really doubt that they "found" a black hole and used it too. Since in the opening of the first episode, you can see that ships like Avalon were destroyed before. They obviously managed to rebuild them. The high density mass is what "moves" the ship to begin with, so they definitely have control over it. Looking at Chamber's own gravitational sphere which it uses to fly, I would say they definitely have the technology to generate things which act like black holes, without the drawbacks of actual black holes today. Ie: they can create high density spheres with gravitational properties which don't suck everything into oblivion, and can be controlled.
Even if they have the technology they can't create energy out of thin air.
The exploitation of an existing black hole would solve this issue.

At any rate you need an enormous amount of matter to create a stable black hole with an accretion disk included, and that's another thing that they couldn't have possibly summoned from nothing.

As for "tradition" and "mobile home" I don't think that's true, because if Ledo thought that Earth could potentially become their new hub, then that means that Avalon is merely a temporary settlement and that they actually want to settle permanently on a planet, which is stated to be one of their main objectives.