View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 03:45   Link #142
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
I don't have the CoD games, so I don't know what the other options are, but I'd go with something lighter and shorter than the M14 for scouts. It's too heavy when there are lighter options available. The G3 wouldn't be a bad choice, depending on how you interpret Gallian weapon technology and how well supplied/trained the Militia is in comparison to the Army. The M4 is in CoD, right? That'd probably be my choice, given the absence of the others.

I see shock troopers carrying SAWs. What are the BOps options in that category?
The M4 was already given to Alicia in my first artwork in her "normal" battle mode with full equipment. I'm rather looking at something a little more powerful (certainly bigger than 5.56) and good range for special operations. CoD protagonists are good in using lots of different weapons, so that's why I'm looking for something else with Alicia.

About the SAW, Jane already had a Mk. 46 version earlier too. In Black Ops, we have the RPD, the Stoner 63, the M60 and the HK21 as LMGs; but they can also use rapid fire short/mid-range assault rifles too as Neovoid pointed out.

So far, I've given my militiamen and militiawomen some of the best pieces of weaponry available in 2010 (M4 (USA), FN SCAR-L (Belgium), CheyTac M200 (USA), AK-74 (Russia), ACR (USA), H&K UMP (Germany), Javelin (USA)) with modern sights. However, I wouldn't mind going "back in time" with "older" rifles still used today. If I had more of Cpt. Varrot to get a grip of her character design, I'd certainly have given one of the Enfield bullpup rifle designs to Her Majesty's loyal servant.