Thread: Licensed Shinkon Gattai Godannar
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-08, 01:56   Link #81
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Done with Godannar.

What can I say?

A super-cheesy yet managed to be spectacular, sci-fi anime. That's what I bargained for after going from beginning to end of this series, and boy it did not let me down at anytime.

The first time I came in contact with Godannar was when I looked at a picture of Go, Anna, and Loe together with the giant robot behind. By just gazing at the pic, I instantly became enthralled and started searching for dl of the episodes.

(This was way back in February, eight months before ADV license it)

I felt at that time that the anime had potential, and I was not mistaken. However, I took a great risk by allowing myself getting carried for just a picture.

The same happened to me three years ago when I looked at some promo pics of Corrector Yui on the net, and the show made it into my local cable-TV stations. Unfortunately, the show dissappointingly let me down.

It could be said this was the same circumstance when I found about of Godannar, except that Godannar did managed to fill and instantly exceed my expectations.

I'm very thankful for the people who let us know about this title during its unlicensed run, and I must say should give thanks to ADV for the license but hopes from them to make a good dub quality for this show; deserves it.

What I understood from the last two episodes was that the 25th episode was the final one while the 26th one was the epilogue episode.
Episode 26 was an entire epilogue full of surprising revelations on the medical and gene engineering area, as also showing off the best and maximum referring to females' bodies

Anyways, there were a few things among that I could not held a grasp of.
Spoiler:

As for the last screen pic at the end of the show.
Spoiler:

To conclude, Godannar was a fun ride while it lasted. Hope that other studios produce other sci-fi anime just as cheesy and thriller like this title in the meantime future.

Well, that's all for my Godannar crave folks. See you next time!!