View Single Post
Old 2011-08-02, 02:19   Link #55
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
It doesn't make any sense to say someone "hates dubs." All animation is dubbed. From the Random House Dictionary:

As for despising any dub in English, even if the show was originally written and cast in English...that's just depressingly weeaboo.
... Oh thanks, so I guess I'm a weeaboo? Wrong. You clearly have no idea what I just wrote before. Like I said, this series LOOKS like anime, if I didn't know any better and saw this airing on my TV, I would think : Oh great, yet another dubbed anime.

It's a matter of feeling here. This series looks like anime, so having japanese audio with it would feel normal while english audio feels uncomfortable. That's all there is to it. If it looked like american cartoons do, say The Simpsons or South Park (which are the only american cartoons I watch) English is of course, the audio that feels comfortable and normal with them. It's a matter of personal preference. You don't mind the English audio or anyone else here, sure fine, but let me be and stick with anime that actually is anime.

And what you said about dub is correct yes, but also nit picking. Everyone knows it's original meaning but everyone also knows that dub generally refers to animation or films that have had the speech replaced with another language. Especially in anime industry if you have a word dub, it always means something else than JP audio.