View Single Post
Old 2011-12-29, 20:16   Link #373
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Most of the "crashing and burning" though comes from the rather low opinions the western fanbase has of the new Force manga.
It's really more of a "tarnishing and diminishing" than a "crashing and burning". Not so dramatic.

I'd be more upset about Yuuno getting left out, save for a number of things. He is honestly not that important to A's, it's a movie with limited time, and I honestly wasn't expecting anything different.

Hell, I frankly wonder why they left him in the first movie at all. Raising Heart could have told her everything she needed to know about the Jewel Seeds, just as it already took over entirely as her teacher. It would take a retcon, but any origin for RH and plot device for Nanoha getting it would have been AT LEAST as plausible as "Yuuno just happened to find a modern Midchildan Device laying around in a ruin and it just happened to be perfectly suited to this random Earth girl."

That's the kind of coincidence that practically demands a lampshade-hanging or characters speculating about Destiny, God, or Conspiracy.

Is it more disrespectful to exclude a character from a story entirely, or to leave them in as a useless surplus wheel?

At this rate, the only love we can hope Yuuno will recieve is a new anime or manga series set in the time gap between A's and StrikerS, and perhaps more fighting games like Gears of Destiny.

I sure would like a retcon to his exclusion from StrikerS, but Gears of Destiny is trying to avoid any consequences that would deviate from how that series went down.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote