Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-07, 22:17   Link #209
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Something about Shaft that always pulls me in the series they have done so far, and this show is no exception. I'm not sold yet on the series although I do want to know more about the story. The animation... well, I'll say that the worst has yet to come and there is no Shinbou this time around to distract us when the animation becomes dire. When the CG used to detail the background stands out from the animated movements, it tells me the show is already stretching the budget. There is also those short-cut tricks employed to avoid further animated movements, i.e. the camera moves away from the characters when they are exchanging dialogues and focuses from a distance so there won't be any need for lip movements. There were a few shots here and there that I liked a lot nonetheless.

I also would like to admit my utter disliking for Takagi Motoki's voice (Aso). He is pretty much the voice that orchestrates those pansy-ass, wishy-washy male characters such as Raki from Claymore, or Nozomou from Futakoi.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote