View Single Post
Old 2008-09-07, 13:28   Link #2076
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

I don't think we can even compare Sheryl and Ranka anymore versus each other. They are two completely different paths as characters.

Sheryl was an idol that helped Ranka discover herself then fell from the top because of her illness and now founded new strength turning to be a motivational singer to lift the spirits of the citizens.

Ranka started as nothing then became an idol singer and movie star and then became the savior of the people then became an anti-hero by failing and leaving and is now on the course to become a possible mediator between two races.

I'm sorry if I'm flamed for this but while Sheryl is probably the most likely heroine due to her popularity and relationship with Alto, Ranka has had more ups and downs and accomplishments with her time in the show.

So who has been the most pivotable character in the storyline? By my count it's Ranka. Regardless if she failed or not the storyline changed due to her actions the most.

Who is the most likable and popular character in the storyline? Easily this is taken by Sheryl as she is the struggling heroine who found the courage to keep on trucking.

Each has great position in the story be it good or bad at times. Each is the winner in different aspects. One simply can not hate one without acknowledging that the other had a hand in that emotion at some point in the storyline.

Alto, as I've seen it, supported both characters and was generally non observant. Which led to certain results. He has become a ping pong between two paddles (Sheryl and Ranka) and was constantly being hit back and forth. At any time he could have stopped the game but he instead kept getting hit back and forth.

So the real story is between Ranka and Sheryl. Everyone else at this point are supporting characters. Alto's action in these coming episodes will show us if he man's up and affects change.

Note: Being a support character does not mean that they do not have some effect on the story nor does it mean that they did not have substantial air time and character development. What it means that over the course of the entire story the flow did not revolve around the supporting character as a main character. At one point or another the over all storyline has flowed to the beat of Ranka and Sheryl hence I refer to them as main characters. This is my opinion and it can be viewed as wrong. I welcome such view points as discussion stems from conflicting viewpoints.