View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 07:28   Link #80
warita
Dai-Youkai

Wow Skyfall, a lot of thought went into this post, I am impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

Personally I'm starting to suspect that Reiko might actually be the "another", or at least clues seem to be pointing that way (unless it's another lead by the nose) - The Grandpa's "My poor Ritsuko ... my poor Reiko too ..." being the most telling one, coupled with the fact Koichi apparently visited Yomiyama 1.5 years ago. I'd throw a wild guess and say the reason he did so was to attend Reiko's funeral.
Sounds interesting..... but in that case Reikos death was unrelated to the curse, because the family didnt have any family member in the 3rd class at that point.

If however Reiko is the another, it would explain why she is behaving so weird, why the parrot keeps saying "why Rei chan, why?", basically asking her why she returned and it would also explain why the countermeasure of ignoring one student works only 50:50 of the time.

But if we asume, that the extra dead person can appear outside the cursed classroom, why would they be short on one desk? This part doesnt make sense, because obviously there is one extra student in the classroom. Not an aunt who sits at home all the time and complains about headaches.

I think I need to rewatch the last episode one more time, I wasnt paying full attention to the explanation given by the librarian. And I think this part was crucial for the understanding of the curse.