View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 09:53   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote - KiNa
--------------------------------------
Well.. I'm not somebody who like to argue.. so lets just say we agree to -----disagree here :D .. and lets our sig do the talking ^^
Heh
You're still not smart-ass enough for me to accept you as the old KiNa..
Quote - KiNa
For one, i feel that the signature is too long .. You can feel the emptyness (sort off :uhoh: ) ....
Never intended for that...
But anyway, if you feel emptiness then I guess it's a good mistake :D :heh:

Quote - KiNa
What actually is the rotating Saber text around her on the left supposed to convey?
I wanted the forus on the middle saber.. so I deemphasized the left one.. the idea was of solitude.. mmm.. maybe that wasn't such a good idea..
Quote - KiNa
Not very fond of your name being cropped out like that either .. especially when it wasnt part of BG ... Font on BG = ok if crop, Font on top = not OK :(
Hmm.. I didn't want the name to be at the same level as the left Saber.. (definitely didn't want it to be outside) I also didn't want it to be close to the level of the middle Saber.. well it's clipped so it looks like its somewhere in a middle ground..
Quote - KiNa
Fake transparent is just >.<
Yes I know :'(.. but .png would be too big and a .gif would start chopping off little pieces of her head..
It's either bad or worse.. not much of a choice. And I really really want transparency there... >.<

Ok.. I'll import it to PS.. I can solve the problem there.. give it that alpha channel and make it AS friendly.. ;)
Quote - KiNa
By any chance, are you trying to do a vector sig? (I think thats what they call the technique is >.< )
Yes.. but I don't know if you can call it a technique..
That sig was made 100% in a pure-vector-based progy (everything is vector except for the 2 Sabers who I imported in).. I never made a sig using only vector based tools before, actually even with bitmap progs, PS (or IR) was the only one I used for this stuff. Well I always luv experimenting with stuff.. xD
Quote - KiNa
:( Looks like I'm taking my revenge here :(
Why the " :( " o_O ??
I have no problem accepting the opinions of others.. please take as much as you like ^_^ Thanks for the feedback btw.. :)

Quote - KiNa
1. Next to her hand (on the left side) There's a little spot of black.. shouldn't that one be blue? (btw there's also one in back of her neck and one in the top left corner... and a black one in the bottom of the image for the middle character, it's suppose to be a shadow for her neck but's way too black..)

2. The text.. mm.. it's a little to invisible on the left, can't distinguish Black that well.. on the right the "N" and "L" are a little too close to the edge.. (the "N" actually seems to be missing the right part, because of this)... the text seems to have little white spots all over.. witch I presume are gun shots but they definitely don't look like gunshots as they are there..
Also I see you tried making the Black a slightly different color then Lagoon.. (well even if you didn't and it's just blending it's a nice effect ^^) but at that size its a little too unnoticeable for the average viewer (IMO)

3. The lines that separate the 3 images are a lil messy (I'm specifically referring to the way they seem to meet in the corners.. the ones for the right character don't seem to want to completely meet.. ) also the line separating the black empty space is a lil too intense)

4. The middle and right characters aren't highlighted enough.. needs a little work on the shadows and highlights on them IMO.. the edges could use some softening, maybe :/

5. The Blank Rectangle Spot on the left (as well as the characters, as mentioned above) makes the sig bg look a lil' empty.. how about adding another bg layer behind your current one.. ? it seems way too simple (because there are only pics there)

6. The characters on the "LAGOON" type could use some highlighting.. maybe an other glow or anything to make them stand out more.. they're very confusing at first look

7. The right side seems ok.. the left part of the extreme top and bottom margins as well as the left margin don't.. the basic problem is that your name (which is nicely done btw ^^) her hand holding the cigarette, her shoulder, and her hair are major focus points and the margins kill focus (oh and don't go for anything like a 1px black border that would probably be worse)

8. The sig could be a little wider.. looks a lil too square.. and some clipping (like for the hand of the character on the right) are a little inappropriate.. -_^

9. The A in your nick is a lil' eaten away at the end makes it look like a P ^___^

10. If you look closely on the right of the hand of the right character there's a white glow where her hand meets the border..

11. The red in the cigarette could use some enhancement.. there's also the possibility of adding smoke ;)

Well don't take my comments too seriously.. the sig is top notch..

-------
Ok I'll just go now to work on version 2 for the one I posted earlier..