Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-05, 18:11   Link #24325
Lender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
^....

My friend, I beg to differ. Just killing characters off doesn't give anything a sense of 'realism'. In Attack on Titan, it works because of the setting - applying that to R+V is too much and it doesn't automatically make a story 'good' or 'realistic' because a 'good guy dies'. And we should wait a bit before saying 'none of the good guys are allowed to die', especially after the Floating Garden crashed into a populated city. Unless Fuhai unleashed some great Magic that would most certainly kill him at this stage, I see scores of human deaths because of this - that is 'realism'.
Ok, forget the "realism" stuff. The main problem in mangas that don't "allow" any of the good guys to die is that you end up not caring for the fights, as there is no sense of danger. You think "well, even if character 'X' lose the autor won't allow him to die anyway, why should i get worried ?"

The autor almost killed Mizore and Kurumu a lot of times but no one really cares because everyone knows the autor will never kill any of the main characters.

" Akame ga Kill " is one of my favorite shounen manga nowadays because i know that, other than Tatsume and Akame any of the main characters can get killed anytime, anywhere. It makes you care a lot for the fights because you know it can be the last time you see that character. While you suffer a little seeing characters you like dieing one after another, at the same time, is very addictive and entertaining.

This "good guys are immortal" in R+V is becoming really boring for me.

Last edited by Lender; 2013-08-05 at 18:30.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote