View Single Post
Old 2009-02-02, 04:30   Link #264
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Colored lines? I don't know exactly what you mean, but I do get lines in the gradient at times, that's lighter or darker than the next one beside it, if that's what you mean.
Well, I don't know if taking a screen and showing it here solves the problem, for it can just be wrong monitor setting. I've seen discussions about it on the net, without any real fix of the problem. I would describe it as...a gradient not as perfect as it should look. It only happens on bigger res and only (as far as my eyes sees it) with B&W gradients. It looks pretty obvious on your wallpaper (the lower half), so that's why I asked. If you don't have such a problem, well...I think I should try some color correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Ah, it was what I thought. On the WP I linked I see it too and I honestly have no idea why. Might be pixel/monitor related but...
I also heard it might be a Photoshop problem. Meaning a perfect gradient on such high resolution being just plain impossible.

Or it could be a problem of today's LCDs. I don't have a CRT around to test that option. Well, I do in fact, but I'm too lazy to carry that monster over here.

Last edited by Larthak; 2009-02-02 at 04:47.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote