Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-30, 05:58   Link #407
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Either I finally got used to the SHAFT/Shinbo style, or otherwise they've improved by a lot, but I enjoyed Episode 4 far more than I thought I would. Despite a few animation bloopers (C'mon, the hell is that with Kei running in the distance?! It's completely messed up!), a great deal of the overall animation was quite simply, kami-sakuga class. Even the Shinbo-WTFness didn't turn me off so much this time round, and a lot of it even suited the story as it is.

Then we come to the story; while the Hiro-Miyako-Kei thread still doesn't look like being anything more than your typical love triangle, and the Kyousuke one still looks to be going nowhere by the looks of it, I felt the Chihiro-Renji one is shaping up to be something pretty special. Easily my favourite of the story threads, and I can really feel the emotion when Chihiro was screaming her frustration at other people knowing her better than she does herself. I like it, but I really wish the disparate story threads would come together sometime soon; 12 episodes really isn't a lot of time to play around with.

If there were an episode rating for this, it would get an 8. I hope this is an indication that ef can only get better as we go along; if that's the case, I'll be glad I stuck with it.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote