View Single Post
Old 2009-02-19, 18:04   Link #35
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I actually love the new style, I don't know why but I find it cuter than the previous two used. I even like the eyes, in fact I've been in love with the new style ever since the first picture was released a while back. It's closer to the style I like to see and aim to draw like myself. :3

The episode itself was interesting, I found myself laughing at certain parts and it was overall well done. A bit fanservicey but I've seen worse (*coughzeronotsukaimacough*) and it was already obvious that they were going in that direction anyway. My favorite parts were the ones with Hanyuu, Shion, and Chie. I found them to be the most entertaining to watch.

I found some parts to be a bit much, like Takano's introduction and a certain scene with Keiichi showing off his bathing suit. It wasn't perfect of course and there were a couple of moments I could have done without. It was definitely more of a joke episode and shouldn't be taken at all seriously, which is nice since Higurashi is a usually more serious kind of series. I quite like how Higurashi is usually though, and while this episode was nice to watch I really could've have done without it and skipped straight to Saikoroshi-hen. *w*

Speaking of Saikoroshi-hen, the preview looked pretty interesting, I can't wait to see the first episode of it! ^^

Last edited by momobunny; 2009-02-19 at 20:25.