Thread: Licensed Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 22:51   Link #51
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And this is a bad thing why?
Personally, I found myself with low hopes after watching the trailers because the promotional artwork gave me the impression that this would have a good story, only for the trailers to turn my first impressions upside down by coming across as sophomoric, crude, and just kinda all-around unappealing.

Thankfully my doubts turned out completely unjustified because this is a damn good show. It's not flat-out weird like the trailer made me imagine it might be, it's just a nice story with an endearingly perverted and quirky edge. I love the fact that there's title cards at the beginning of the episode and eyecatches at the middle, that's something which gave anime a lot of personality and charm during the '80s and '90s but has sadly started to fall by the wayside in recent years. (I miss proper 'Next Episode' previews, as an aside; the new trend of Next Episode previews being a static image is lame.) Mediator's a really fun protagonist, her cynical nature is pretty sexy (And she does indeed look much better with longer hair than short), and I like the way the badass old grandpa looks in his military outfit. The bright, colorful, simplistic artwork with its minimalistic shading is very refreshing and easy on my eyes. Definitely a show I'll enjoy watching every week. I also eagerly await whatever nicknames the silly 2chan folks think up for Mediator, Assistant, and Grandpa.

And I agree with Kaihan that the opening is very catchy. Time to go and watch it a few more times...
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote