Thread: Licensed Sankarea (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 01:28   Link #833
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Along with Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Sankarea was another show for the recently concluded season that I didn't have expectations to pick it up from the start.

I'm uncertain about the reasons why I motivated myself to give it a try, but I started watching this anime from the third episode onwards. Whatever the source material whether be manga, light novels, or visual game, the anime was adapted from I'm completely unacknowleged with.

My knowledge only limits to the anime per se. To me I felt that the show's pacing was uneven between episodes with for some it was ok while for other it ran outstretched and lagging.

My choices are for best episodes the fifth when Rea snaps in true zombie mode, and the sixth one featuring Wanko's flashback from how she and Chihiro met in their childhood; Wanko is more of my top favorite character in this show for the female cast than Rea.

Another problem I got with the anime is the ending to the last episode, although the pacing is right there's no clear conclusion as to: what will happen to Rea living her existence as a zombie her way with Chihiro at the Furuya residence?, will her feelings blossom into full love for Chihiro?, and what about Wanko confessing her feelings to Chihiro?

The last episode ends just like if it was a normal episode, and the new situations are left in stand-by mode.

Overall, I liked Rea more every time when she becomes a true zombie delivering a delightful bloody kiss to Chihiro whenever the need arises on screen.

This was my third title finished for the recently concluded spring 2012 anime season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote