View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 08:35   Link #68
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
it would have been creative if voldemort hadn't beaten him to it.[...]
Him and countless others. It reminds you of Voldemort because he's one of the most cliché villain out there, there is nothing new in the concept of soul jar really, it's thousands of years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
But then what is the soul that is supposed to be unique, if a perfect copy can be made of a person? It's a bit messed up i think, the author lets us (at least me) believe that there is such a thing as a unique soul of someone and if it's sealed then that individual can't possibly come back unless the seal is broken.
What is a soul indeed, it's always hard to argue about something with no clear definition even in a fictional world where at least we can be reasonably certain it exists in the first place.
Let me ask you this, did Naruto meet his parents? Were they chakra construct deluded into thinking they were real people? If they can be deluded and self aware are they people regardless? If they're people can they be considered the same person they used to be in the flesh? Or are they some kind of digital twins? And if so do they still have souls? And in this case can the soul be copied? Afterall Kushina, Minato and Orochimaru proved the mind is quantifiable and can be copied and uploaded. Is the soul different from the mind then? In what way? And even so is it quantifiable as well?

Let's go further, Orochimaru reached immortality by uploading his mind into the body of others. Did he upload his soul as well or did it "died" with his old body? If so did those new Oro have a new soul as they become a new individual? If so are they different people than their previous iteration? If so can the new Orochimaru be blamed for the acts of his previous self only because he remembers doing them?
In our case it seems the various CSs keep track of Orochimaru's memory in real time considering how much this Oro knows (and I'd like an explanation for that to be honest but oh well) so how different does this new Oro need to be before he's a separate person from his old/previous self? And if he's not different then I return to my first claim : is there a "real" Oro at this point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, Sasuke just cured Anko's curse seal problem .
People will start thinking I have something against "the Professor" but it's kind of funny when you think about it
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote