View Single Post
Old 2006-05-04, 17:43   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
She didn't age actually - she looks the same. I'm just saying what her real age is.

Oh, if you mean -why- she didn't, I think it's obviously the sakura tree. It's still in full bloom. I guess it must've come back to life shortly after DC, because Sakura doesn't look like she's aged even 3 or 4 years...then again, maybe it was there for longer, she looks just as loli in DCSV and DCSS so I guess she's not one to age well...or to age very well depending on how you look at it.
Well... speculation: the tree never really dies. It's not like Aisia's magic in S.S. actually revived the tree and killed it again, and Sakura's magic never really "killed" the tree the first time in season one of the anime (and it apparently it didn't "kill it dead" if Aisia could revive it again). The sakura bloom when people believe in/wish to the tree strongly enough, and the sacrifice of their selfishness is the only thing that causes the tree's petals to truly disappear. So, even though it wasn't in bloom, the sakura tree has been around all this time, and it's kept Sakura young - maybe it's keeping her alive for a reason, or maybe it's because it's what Sakura really wants deep down - who knows. For this game, it may be Sakura's wishing that brought the sakura petals back this time, it may be Yoshiyuki's, or it may be just everyone together... but the song never ends; it goes on forever, in an endless Da Capo... (talk about a marketing ploy )

(And, isn't it 53 years? Details, details...)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote