Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 04:21   Link #12491
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
If that's what you think, then about 95% of all anime females voices are too high pitched. Our western tastes can't handle the Japanese affinity to high pitched voices that they think/say is so cute. For Inner Moka, they obviously didn't interpret it correctly. It was Supposed to sound powerful, commanding, intimidating, and elegant, without trying to sound masculine. They failed...
For some reason Nana Mizuki's voice for Moka rubbed me the wrong way. I can stand most of the high pitched voices - I even find some pretty cute. I just couldn't stand Moka's - both Inner and Outer. Oddly, I think the VA for Shizuku from Kampfer or the VA for Senjougahara from Bakemongatari could have pulled off a great Inner/Outer Moka.

Quote:
But if you want to really be disturbed about voices, let me present you of the OTHER extreme you might not have ever thought of.

In the video below, fast forward to about 4:15 and you'll see what I mean...
that is, IF you don't fall out of your chair laughing your ass off.

That was quite funny Yes, I'm thankful they at least didn't go that route

Quote:
Except for Tsukune. Wimp all the way. I guess the anime's writers have major inferiority complexes that they feel they have to take away a character's GARness because they themselves can't imagine the wonders of it.
I did say that Tsukune's voice was wimpy. It seemed like the writers didn't even bother to read the manga. They just thought, "Oh. It's the typical wimpy hero who gets himself an unwanted harem, lets make him sound like a pussy."
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote