Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 08:40   Link #5541
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Wow, I didn't expect an offhand "civil war" comment to turn into another gun debate. If you want to look at it that way, I think anybody would take to the streets if pushed hard enough. That said, even though I'm a registered Democrat, I know that a LOT of the military staff and soldiers are pretty right-wing. And, umm, all the missle silos are in red states...

But really, I just meant the "civil war" comment to highlight the viciousness on both sides of the culture war, the healthcare debate, and a whole lot of other shit. I personally wouldn't have much issue if some states wanted to leave the union, like Texas' Rick Perry vaguely threatened recently and like some Vermonters considered during the Bush years. It's about their citizens' happiness, and if they can't tolerate this nation's federal government anymore, that's their decision. (I guess you could say I think the South had the right to secede in 1861; they just did so for the wrong reason. And no offense Vexx; you're from Texas, right?)