View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 03:18   Link #36
Langus
Optimus Prime

This chapter was again, very promising. I like that Kubo is bringing back the old characters from the Arrancar arc. They'll finally have the chance to get a better finish than last time. I don't really care about Dondo-chan but whatever... if it keeps Nel in the picture then I'm all for it

The funeral was a bit touching but it's hard to feel sad about missing a character who was only ever used as background filler. Poor Sasukibe didn't have a single significant role in this manga (apart from attempting to stop Ichigo from saving Rukia and getting his foil-wielding ass handed to him) until the moment he died. There's too many characters in Bleach like that. I hope Kubo culls them all, and some of the ones we actually like.

On that note, I would love (actually) to see Nii-sama kick the bucket. Not because I don't like his character, rather the opposite really. I want to feel something reading this manga. Killing off such a well-loved character would be like when Kishimoto "killed" Kakashi in Naruto. The fans went absolutely apeshit and the manga had one of the highest reader rates in a while.