Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-28, 17:50   Link #41
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

When I was about 12 or 13 years old I and my friend fooled around with cigs for a while. Then we had no idea how is one really supposed to smoke. We did that without inhaling smoke.
Later when I found out that you are supposed to "swallow" the smoke I was eager to try that out. Of course the obvious result was hell lot of coughing, eyes full of tears and more. Since them I've never touched those things.

IMO getting rid of a habit is one helluva mind war. It's all about willpower. A few years ago I was hooked on candy. I mean I couldn't pass the candy shop without buying something. It went on for a while until I decided to get rid of this habit. The hardest part was that I ha no problems with this habit. It didn't hurt my financial situation, my teeth were fine, everything.
So, whenever I saw a candy store I asked myself: "What is willpower?" And the answer was simple. "Willpower is the power to say 'no' when nothing bad happens by saying 'yes'." All i had to do was to say this to myself and the want for candy gradually disappeared.