View Single Post
Old 2011-04-04, 13:50   Link #295
coolhorsems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
LOL. You say you have seen so many anime that you can predict things but then you say you thought she was going to toss a brick. Sorry but I can't help but laugh at this :| Shouldn't it have been beyond obvious that she was going to make her work given that she is the owner of a hot spring inn? >.>

And whether or not she grows into a proper grandmother later on doesn't change the fact that she is quite the bitch and everyone else who works in the inn takes from her personality as well. It's not rare at all though. Work is hard and everyone who puts work before other things is more or less like that. Life is harsh. But I agree that people aren't as mean as they first appear to be. Everyone has a soft side to them. I don't know if you ever worked in an inn (I have) and the owner was pretty much like this grandmother here. But you have to come to think of your staff as your family to get any work done and I am sure this Granny here considers Minchi as such. In fact, I really liked the fact that she hit Ohana when requested. She didn't hit Ohana earlier not because she was her grandchild but because she was new. At least she is fair. Much better than some nepotistic old hag.

Bingo. Can't agree more. As for the grandma,I think actually she is not a bad guy as we have seen so far.There must be some reason to make her act in this way. Here are the reasonings:

1. Ohana's mother has a bad relationship with her mother, who is also Ohana's grandma. This is very obvious clue since we can see there is some rumor about naohana's mother in the inn. (A very sultry person? maybe....) We also can know that grandma is a very serious person, so it's not very hard to imagine how grandma will feel shame of her daughter's life. Since Ohana is risen by such an immature mother, it's normal for the grandma to think that this grand daughter is just a mirror of her mother. As a result, the grandma has sufficient reason to have a bad impression about this energetic but reckless girl.(Like mother, like daughter?LOL)

2. We all know in the business world one thing we hate most is that the boss recognize and promote people not based on what the have done (work performance),but who they are (the relative of the boss). Grandma is good at doing business and develop the inn quite well, so she must know that appoint people by favoritism is the wrong thing to do, otherwise it will definitely affect other employees' royalty and morale.
That's the reason why she will punished Ohana so seriously (Those are pretty heavy Claps!) to show that she will treat all employee fairly without partiality.

Believe me that no one is really bad in this show. Even the grandma may have her own tough story we haven;t seen yet.I guess the theme of this show is focus on communication,between friends, between lovers, and between different generations. And this is also the style of P.A Work : Always showing people the warm and positive sides about the life.
Anyway ,we will see what happen next week.
coolhorsems is offline   Reply With Quote