View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 16:34   Link #30231
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I don't think that Ryukishi is a technically good artist, and I do think that the PS3 art is good, but I definitely prefer Ryukishi's art when playing the games. The expressions he draws are far better than the PS3 versions. They convey so much more information and emotion. Particularly for Beatrice's sprites, I think.
I'm not sure what the word technically means here, but I for one think his art is just not what people are used to, and that's why they react so badly. I fell in love with Higurashi's art immediately, well, in Umineko I was a bit 'yuck' because I had just come from the anime, but once it grew on me I came to appreciate it.

The PS3 art is retarted. I love their lineart, I love their colors, but their body postures and facial expresisons are completely retarted. It's more proffesional than Ryukishi's, but in no way better, plus it doesn't have Umineko's taste. Try comparing Maria's trollface in the PS3 and the original. Dissillusioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
A question: What's the interpretation/theory about Lambda's "real world vessel"? Pretty much every meta character has one (Bern as Ikuko's cat, Jungfrau as personifications of Knox Decalogue and Will as Van Dine's), but Lambda's is never stated.
I don't think Bernkastel's vessel is the cat, to be honest. The cat is made after Bernkastel, not the opposite. Lambda and Bern are supposed to be higher level witches from another plane, after all.

Quote:
Umineko Hane is a collection of already written TIPS in VN format. Forgery n.XXX was written BEFORE Umineko Hane and just adaptated in visual format.
Are you sure you're not confusing it with Tsubasa? Either way, Forgery n.XXX was written after EP8, because it mention's Bern's game, so it all boils down to the same thing, what purpose does Black Battler serve?

Though having said that, it's not like I didn't enjoy reading it, it just seems kinda cheap in regard to Ougon.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote