View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 17:48   Link #19412
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
If by "red guts scene" you mean the scene with Yasu flipping, then I'm sure it must have taken place after Yasu solved the epitaph, and therefore, after Kanon was created. She was wearing Beatrice's dress, which she didn't get until she solved the Epitaph. In addition, the fact she was talking openly with Genji and Nanjo, and the fact she was told about this injury makes me believe it took place some time after Kinzo's death.
Actually, in that red guts scene, we don't see Yasu at all, just Genji and Nanjo.

Quote:
This doesn't add up, I think. If Yasu was to be brought up as a boy, then why did she seem to have been treated like a girl her whole life - at the very least, Yasu seems to think of herself as one, given the different portrayals of herself.
This would mean telling an elementary-age girl that she has to act like a boy, and hope that she not only decides to play along, but never slips up or tells anyone your secret. That would be an incredible risk. In other words, if Genji is scheming something, he can't let Yasu in on the scheme until she's a bit older and comfortable living on the island. And he'd have to let her in on some secret to convince her that she was born a boy.

Quote:
Not to mention that, unlike other moments in EP7 in which Yasu's sex is kept ambiguous, Kinzo does refer to Yasu as Beatrice's daughter.

Spoiler:
That's not exactly what Kinzo says though. He says that Yasu reminds him of 'that mother and daughter', or Beatrice 1 and Beatrice 2. Genji does once say "she solved the epitaph all by herself" before Kinzo tells Lion that she's his child, but every other line in that section refers to Lion as 'the child', not the son or daughter. While Beatrice 2 is referred to as Beatrice 1's daughter.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2010-12-04 at 18:12.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote