View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 15:39   Link #15
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
I really loved the novels, though I didn't like the FSN anime as much as a lot of other people here did (and I never played the game).

That said, for the most part, I thought FZ was an extremely good adaptation that generally had the sense to know when to stick with the novel (most of the dialogue is more or less straight from Urobuchi's novels) and when to diverge (some cutting inevitably and also rearranging for more dramatic structure, particularly necessary late in the series, when the novels move to shorter chunks and the anime moves to somewhat longer scenes to keep the action intact).

I also liked the nice parallels between different characters and their philosophies. And find it enjoyably ironic that in the end, all three surviving Masters got some form of their wishes granted. After all, even if it wasn't what he wanted, Kiritsugu did get to sacrifice "some" in Fuyuki to ostensibly save the world. Waver got found the respect he craved, and more importantly, learned true respect for himself. And uh, well, Kirei learned to love himself for who he really was... ha ha.

Overall, I'm loath to give it a 10, as nothing's ever really perfect, right? But I'd have to give it a 9.5, so if decimals aren't allowed, I'd round up.
Not really, he just learned what kind of human he was. He doesn't love himself for it. He knows what gives him pleasure is evil.

Heavens Feel goes deeper in to this.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote