View Single Post
Old 2006-01-11, 12:27   Link #107
touchthesun
the pencil progeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
You are the 1243532th person who asked this...

Oh, well. Standard answer: FMP is a long-running series of novels. Kyoto Animation has left the TSR story open and faithful to the novel, and as such there would be no continuity problems if/when they decide to restart the series again.

But technically there is no commitments that FORCE them to make another season. As such they will make more if or when they feel like it. The Kyoto Animation staff as well as the novel author are taking their breaks, and doing something else right now.

Good work takes time. Better work takes time and holidays too. It's likely there will be a third season, but the "when" really depends on destiny. Go watch other things or read the FMP novels; no point holding your breath waiting.

One of the better and more satisfying answers to this undying question.

Personally I would agree that there is a good possibility of another season, but as it is mentioned by Vallen Chaos Valiant, really good anime such as this will take a good amount of time to complete.

I also discussed this fairly extensively on a previous thread/post, but I believe it disappeared along with many accounts (including my own) that were deleted through a mishap on animesuki. I'm sure most of you are aware that that the mere popularity of a series isn't enough to put it into production and that there are of course legalities, agreements that can go awry between the animation company, sponsorship, director, voice actors, and other endless issues involved with the production of a series, especially one as prominent as this.

We all know that TSR (2005) took a while to come around after Fumoffu (2003), so I don't think we should expect anything anytime soon. I just hope that if/when they finally do decide to start a third season that there are no hang-ups or episode deletions =\
touchthesun is offline   Reply With Quote