View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 16:13   Link #117
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I agree with Gohan's interpretation as well and also, guys, Sybil thought she had an aptitude for police work which (at least in this story) involves being able to pull the trigger because it's the right thing to do, it shouldn't have come as that big of a surprise. On that note, it's interesting to draw a parallel between Akane and Yayoi here, both being confronted with the choice to shoot or not, choosing to shoot, and then having it not work (it's true that it ended much worse for Akane, and I also hold to the interpretation that she was trying to hit Makishima with the shotgun, but I still thought it was an interesting connection and that that's why this episode was placed where it was). And on a similar note this episode shows how hard Sasayama's death hit Ko (and how hard Ko's spiral downwards hit Gino, he actually seems just a smidge friendlier here), Ko's reluctance to wait and let the hostage's psycho-pass go over the latent criminal level reminded me a lot of how Akane wanted to wait so that the hostage in the first episode's psycho-pass went back down, yet by then he had just stopped caring. Which I guess also shows why Gino is worried about Akane going down the same path as Ko, they're even more similar than I had guessed, really hope the next episode gets back to the present (where is everyone even getting this idea that the flashback is going on for more episodes? Yayoi's arc is finished IMO, I don't see how they could justify dragging it out for another episode).