View Single Post
Old 2007-05-15, 00:16   Link #50
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Yeah, I know your point. But my statement was really more of an outlook into the general perception of characteristic central focal on the main cast which ranges from...negativity mostly, and less on the entire SEED universe.
I more or less agree. It's just that I think there's a rather big difference between the way the Cosmic Era shows depict politics and the way it depicts battles. For me, the approach for the former makes quite a bit of sense even if the latter is very much lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther
See, I don't buy that. It's like sticking two people at a table together for a year and telling them not to speak to each other.

See, I don't buy that. It's like sticking two people at a table together for a year and telling them not to speak to each other.
Do you mean the way the United States was quite isolated from European affairs for the majority of its existence? PLANT doesn't exactly have any neighbors, and a gap caused by a huge gravity well and 300,000km of empty space is much greater than that of a few thousand kilometers of ocean. Besides, PLANT has plenty of domestic problems to deal with - problems that don't have much to do with foreign affairs.

In any case, my statement was a response to the claim that Lacus somehow "completed her power grab and controls the Earth Sphere now". This is a rather extraordinary assertion, and I'd expect some sort of extraordinary evidence for it.