View Single Post
Old 2007-03-19, 23:39   Link #31
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But stiil one should have at least experienced it in its entirety before rating the series as a whole imo.

This does imply that you've seen it imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Adaptation from Game: 1-10
Editing: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.
I rated it a "9". I rarely rate anything a "10".

This series was a bit difficult for 1st timers imo, especially with 3 Ayus to account for and Me-Uguu Elixir. But that deux ex machina maneuver just illustrates how difficult it was to pull all those paths together. (Kudos to Kyo-ani for pulling that feat off.) There was also the leap that we had to take to accept finding an intact hairband in a forest after 7 years, but that was another "miracle" I guess.

Makoto took too long and by the end of her arc I wasn't that sympathetic since I just wanted the series to move on fearing that somebody would get shafted in the plot department otherwise. The decreased amount of blood in the Mai arc was disappointing.

The seiyuus were great. The animation was great. The original scenes and episodes meshed in nicely with game based ones.

Now only thing I want is to see Ayu with long hair, eyes open and in better clothes.