View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 23:47   Link #3864
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
What are the chances of cancelization? At this point there seems to be very little hype around this product and tons of negativity.

It's not like the Gundam X from a few years ago that was extrended because it did well and certainly not on the level of Unicorn.

Would this be the first Gundam novel extension to be plain canceled? Either way it wouldn't shock me given this is happening so quickly after the last break.
I'd say slim chance very very slim chance of canceling it at this point... I think its just suffering from École Du Ciel syndrome of being very inconsistent. Gundam X in its initial run didn't do great. It only picked up steam after it was canceled (Like the first MSG). And granted X's animation was canceled because it got the Adult Swim treatment of having its time-slot bounced around so much, that no one knew when it was on...

The main problem with the negativity on the English side of the Pacific is the fact that we haven't read anything completely yet, we're getting summary's tidbits of chapters here and there... and as a result we're homing in on the bad...

Overall I think its typical Gundam Fan-base complaining. Hate on everything new, complain about it into the dirt... comes out get it anyway... new show/book/manga comes, instantly the old stuff was instant classic...

(EX. 00 Season 1, everyone complaining about character designs, the GN drives exct... Season 2 hits Everyone's complaining about Innovators and BS, season 1 becomes awesome... Movie hits Season 2 was gold and everyone's complaining about aliens... Age gets announced 00 Movie is instantly awesome...)

Now I doubt any of us know how the Japanese base is receiving it... we do know however that the Wing girls have fallen back out of the top ten again, but with characters that's typical, some new fan service girl has taken their slot... big whoop...

There's also other contending things that would take up a spot in the magazine the SEED anniversary has kicked off and that's going to take up space. Age part 2 has started... ext...

As a result I'm still thinking its just because of space issues or the writer being lazy and not hitting his deadlines... Or they could be looking to replace him on the project.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote