Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 18:43   Link #385
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I wouldn't assume that much about Taichi's skills and talents. The problem with his lack of confidence is that it undermines his talent. It doesn't mean he lacks talent. All the opposite, he might end up being even stronger than Arata and Chihaya if he manage to keep a tight rein on his psychological weakness and unleash his full potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Didn't he technically already beat Chihaya during that match when the cards were turned around?

I actually don't necessarily agree that Taichi isn't on the same path as Chihaya & Arata, although he might not be there just yet.
They altered the rules in his favor. That doesn't count
I know that everything could still happen, but from what I got til now from the show, I can't see that happen. But probably, thinking again, you are both right, it's just that I wouldn't find it fitting with Taichi's development as a Karuta player. Counting even that every talented player has been a young one and not a late one, mixing it with Taichi's whole development... I don't know, it would be OOC somehow. Wouldn't it feel a bit shounen-like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I even said today that my perfect ending would be a Taichi VS Arata Meijin finale with the loser ending up with Chihaya. Of course that's just my wishful thinking where all 3 of them end up with some personal fulfillment in the end (it admittedly doesn't take into account other characters that are involved).
eheh that would be my perfect ending too, but if that's what will happen I think it should be something really similar to the queen finale match of the previous season, if you get what I mean.
But for now I think that whatever taichi gains will be from his personal growth. And nothing more. That sounds really oddly sad, because in real world it would be the best win, but since we are in the Karuta world ...

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote