View Single Post
Old 2013-06-13, 00:26   Link #3501
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Soooo.... Who was that old man Zangetsu/Juha? Why was he there?
Way I see it, old man Zangetsu is, like he said, the embodiment of Ichigo's latent Quincy powers. You can compare it to Shinigami having their Zanpakuto be the inner representation of their Shinigami abilities, or Hichigo being the inner representation of the Hollow power in Ichigo (presumably other Visoreds have something similar). Only I imagine it's a little more homogeneous for Quincy, since they have a single progenitor. That means Uryuu, Ryuuken, Souken, and every other Quincy (with the exception of Bach, presumably) probably also have a little "mini-Bach" somewhere inside them. That actually makes him being able to steal Masaki's and Katagiri's Quincy powers a little more logical. Maybe we'll see him repeat that ability as a last hurrah before Ichigo finally curbstomps him (depowering every last Quincy in a vain attempt to gain enough power).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Hm, so "old man" is gone. Doesn't this also mean, that Ichigo's Quincy powers are gone as well?
Not that he really used it much, but at least they helped him escape the prison and avoid his head getting cut of.
I doubt we've seen the last of old man Zangetsu. He only said he was handing over power to Ichigo, and was still able to speak to him after he disappeared. He'll probably show up when needed, like Hichigo has to this point.

But yeah, Tensa Zangetsu... Kubo, you got some 'splainin' to do...

And as if Ichigo wasn't already overpowered enough... Jeez...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
BUT none of the other shinigami have zanpakutou that look like them...
Pretty sure the only* Zanpakuto we've canonically seen so far was Zabimaru. All the rest were anime filler. Not to say you might not to turn out to have been right, but "insufficient data" and all that.

*I was going to put "only other", but it occurred to me that we probably haven't seen Ichigo's "true" Zanpakuto (it shouldn't exactly be Hichigo, per se), so Zabimaru may actually be the only Zanpakuto we've seen in the manga, period.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-06-13 at 00:37.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote