View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 05:46   Link #19
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I have to admit that little acting performance and mischievous grin she put on at the end of the episode was one hell of a plot twist/cliffhanger. It certainly shocked me, and perked me up! It's good to know that Little Miss Fascist might actually not be a fascist after all, and may well be a much more interesting character once you get pass the public persona.
Yep, Kanata becomes vastly more layered and interesting with each successive episode of this arc. Up until the last episode, I never doubted Kanata to be anything worse than the 'tough but fair' kind of persona. The last episode revealed that she's not always poised and professional, and that she can be a very hateful and petty person, though ultimately she still didn't stray that far from her original characterization.

With the conclusion of this episode, though, Kanata's acting every bit as chaotic as Haruka; in that scene she was no longer the Disciplinary Committee leader, but a whirlwind who acts based upon her whims and emotions. The girl has a lot of darkness inside her, that's for sure; though it's frequently joked how scary a person Anego is, she ain't got nothing on Kanata. I look forward next week to plunging ever deeper into the depths of Kanata's psyche and learning more about what a twisted, fucked up person she is.