Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-30, 21:17   Link #1840
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I don't really care for Totsuka, but Blacky, Anna and Pussy were the best characters in the whole thing. Kusanagi doesn't seem as big as a douche as the rest of HOMRA, so hopefully he's the next King...
As far as the anime's narrative is concerned, Tatara had just enough exposure befitting his role as a story catalyst, leaving the rest of him to the supplementary material instead of eating up other character's potential screentime, which is exactly what GoRA are guilty of doing with Misaki & Fushimi. The same applies to Anna. We know what makes her tick and that she's a Strain and her overall relevance isn't that high so that's good enough. If anyone want to know more they can go look outside of the anime. Now that you mentioned him, Kusanagi also counts. I may not like Pussy but I do think as a character she was given the necessary exposure to know her as a character, though that's admittedly because there wasn't much about her to flesh out in the first place. I would have disqualified her had they not gradually reduce her screentime as the Kings conflict become more prominent.

But yeah, I do hope the sequel becomes much more focused on the characters that need it and if they end up wanting to give HOMRA the spotlight again they better darn well give Scepter4 just as much focus in return. Tatara's been dead from the start, Mikoto's also dead and Anna may have even less things to do now so my interest in HOMRA lies mainly on Kusanagi and Seri's relationship.

Alternatively, make the other two Kings the main character and focus on them with everyone else reduced to side characters. That works too.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote