View Single Post
Old 2013-09-15, 14:50   Link #3286
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
To be honest I don't think they intend to go in depth on anything other than the Dorssia revolution; which will most likely tie into the whole Magius conspiracy. The other things you mention are probably not meant to be as big a deal as fandom thinks. If the show gets extra seasons however they may be fleshed out more.
That'll be such a cruel tease. Why bother to introduce a future element if you're not going to explore/capitalize on it?

I think S2 will focus on New Jior's expansion & give some insight into the Magius. That's sufficient for 12 episodes. The entire S1 was to properly introduce the pilots. 12 episodes to introduce 5 of 7, I think they are stretching the series on purpose. If they really wanted to wrap this up quickly, they could've introduced the pilots all in one episode or three episodes at most.

So I'd place my bets on this series becoming a franchise. They've already laid the foundation, so it wouldn't be hard to continue. We have an unknown 200+ year period that can easily produce side stories & continuations. We have one confirmed 'immortal' character that can become a mascot for the franchise & become a guide for future protags, etc...

Sunrise really likes mecha. Gundam & Code Geass are already two booming franchises, if VVV joins in...sunrise will definitely cement their legacy as THE ultimate mecha studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Personally, I don't think any of our leads are gonna get a happy ending.
Why'd you think that? Future Saki actually looks more at peace than current Saki & we haven't seen what becomes of the other three. So it's still up in the air, if anything, Haruto has the highest chances of a 'sad' ending.

Given Okuchi's reputation for killing off the protags...(Iori from Guilty Crown & Lelouch from Code Geass) Haruto may join them soon enough.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-09-15 at 15:04.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote