View Single Post
Old 2013-09-15, 20:29   Link #3294
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

L-Elf isn't dying anytime soon. If we pay attention to his role in the series, he's actually more relevant to the series than the actual protagonist. Haruto's only got a complicated love life & vampire status going for him. His personality is flat & as a character he's not outstanding.

While in L-Elf's case, his personality is the most complex, he's the reason why MC & his people have lasted this long, the overall plot of the series is his plan to bring revolution to his homeland. He also possesses mysterious elements that aren't explored (probably on purpose). He may be the deuteragonist, but most times he feels more like he's the protagonist.

He trumps the main cast in their defining aspects, In fighting he (can waste Yamada with no effort) trumps Yamada(Thunder), In intelligence/hacking he (hacked the entire school) trumps Akira, in determination he trumps Haruto (Ep1, little speech about ham & eggs), in political strategy he trumps Shoko. Saki & Kyuuma, haven't really shown any key abilities or traits, so I can't make a comparison.

Though, I have to admit that the only one who is keeping up with him at this point is Shoko. Her unorthodox methods are keeping her on par with him, they also think similarly in terms of political strategy (They had the same plan to hold the VVV hostage).

In military strategy, he's the only one in New Jior that can provide this. Not counting the Physics teacher who purposely stays out of everything.

I can safely assume that he's the one that shaped the third galactic reich into what it is now(In the future).
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote