View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 06:27   Link #632
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

This is the most entertaining thread in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If this airs in a long running time slot (4 cour) and people still bitch about the animation not being up to Kyoto Animations standards.. L O L.
I'm thinking when he says "long anime" he probably means there will be multiple 2-cour seasons, or at least two, which would explain the choice of J.C.STAFF as the animation studio as they have plenty of experience animating multiple cours of series (Index, Shana, ZnT, etc). We'll probably get something like Clannad.

My main worry isn't so much the length or the story, I'm confident they know what they're doing in those regards as this has been years in the making. No, my main concern is the quality of animation, that's what everyone should be worried about when they hear J.C. Honestly, the only shows I've seen them produce with stunning visuals were Index (season 1 and a couple eps of II), Railgun, Toradora sort of, and Yumekui Merry. A lot of their other shows are plagued with studio factory-level animation. I just simply can't see them living up to KyoAni's standards of animation and those tweets don't do anything to rest me at ease in that regard. It's almost like they're trading off quality for J.C.'s ability to pop out multiple cour shows without getting bogged down by one project (which is why no other studio could handle this, I bet).