View Single Post
Old 2009-01-25, 20:25   Link #77
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's a nice idea, but I think it's not fitting for this world.
In this world, where everyone is bound to the ground (including the oceans), having the possibility to fly would equal having the aerial superiority and therefore the most dangerous power.
Actually I think that the Plutone and the other ancient superweapons are actually just airships like the one Enel built.
Not necessarily...
We've no proof one way or the other whether or not the WG is aware at the very least of the existence ofsky islands though it seems most plausible that they do know something. Given that they do in fact know, they have at their disposal a man capable of building weapons such as the Pacisifista so to say that he could not build an airship himself had he understanding of the technology... in simpiler terms, it's hard for me to classify air power as being an absolute power in the world of One Piece.

Pluton as an airship is a pretty sweet notion however, but I also get the feeling that beyond simple flight it would have to be something ahead of it's time. Basically, think of comparing Eneru's ship with S.H.E.I.L.D. Headquarters in the Marvel Universe (it's a floating weapons bed f I remember correctly). Clover did mention that the lost civilization that played host to the Pluton was highly advanced (ala the Atlanteans in Atlantis: The Lost Empire) so why not go that extra mile?

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."