Thread: Licensed Akame ga kill [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 17:44   Link #1300
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Her talk with him at the start of the ch and her fight again the giant monster. they make me more clear that her chance to change side are really few.
? Wakarimasen.

Quote:
From a story stand point you not make a character like her change side like this. Not only because her power but because how she is.
Soji, the whole point of dramas is to create and show a change like this. Some characters are supposed to stay evil throughout (e.g. Emperor Palpatine), but they are generally shown as CONSISTENTLY evil. Esdese isn't. With your logic, there wouldn't be Darth Vader of ROTJ.

Quote:
(although this will more clear in ch 27. At least from some translations on other forum). Of course the author can do whatever he want. We only read his story and talk about what happen in the story. But I think he made clear to us that she will probally never change side(more ch past).
At the moment, Esdese is - aside from Tatsumi - the most important character in the story. She also receives the most frame time. Unlike Tatsumi and unlike Akame, she actually has the capability to really make a difference. She could actually realize Tatsumi's dream, if she'd have a change of heart. And this is by far the most logical and likely route to victory I can see.

But hey, let's see. My predictions: Shamballa-Teleporter guy will undermine Esdese's position with the Minister, and so begin to drive a wedge between Gestapo-chan and the Minister-Empire. Let's wait and see.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote