View Single Post
Old 2007-03-17, 19:14   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

And Then, the Sweet Trap

I heard that the final episode has or is about to air in Japan. Technically the 2006 anime season is coming to a close, and looks like Pumpkin Scissors ended in time before the swarming up of final episodes is due next week to the one that follows afterwards.

I really do not want to elaborate much about the consistency and laws of physics or reality that were abrogated to pull out the stunts for the duel, henceforth, I am attached to total suspension of disbelief.

The episode evokes the need of the whole people to witness actions being put to practical use in order to stir up a change within.

I am thankful that they quickly cut off the glasses man Naruto-esque illusion act once Alice recalled back onto the battlefield her memories of her Pumpkin Scissors comrades that go in tow with the symbolic representation of her morals and principles.

She's not taking sides. She's to administer fairness and right wrongs.

I have to comment that the quality for the animation was almost flawless and raise to a high standard in contrast to the previous episodes at the start of this last arc.

At first, the trails of light seemed to me like a cheesy effect, but they quickly grasped my attention to observe the broader picture of Alice's sword (or dagger) dancing technique.

The irony that results from Alice's turning her footwork and fencing into a cool dancing-dueling is that a change of heart starts to spark from Marquis Paul when he seriously reflected upon Alice's words of betting the pride of nobles.

It is about other peoples' opinions that they hold about us when they see us, and the Marqui started to have second thoughts about his wrongdoings and plaing a taxing burden upon the lives of those commoners.

Even the conclusion of the duel in my opinion was a fair ending. I do hold now respect for the glasses man for handling defeat with humility and honor, acknowledging defeat on good terms, and granting victory to Alice. I never expected Alice to deliver him quite a good smack on the cheek as retribution for tearing that beaufitul dress of hers, but hey, he should not complain. From Oland's own experiences with the 2nd lieutenant, the glasses man received a gentle slap than those Alice administers from time to time onto the poor Oland.

Leonil's stupefied face at Alice's duel-dancing will never escape my mind, BTW