View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 00:50   Link #51
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I'm not so sure about that in 25 (unless you apply a rather roundabout interpretation and explanation for his behavior, which I suppose you could...barring whatever R2 might indicate), but I guess your point is valid for the other examples...still, I can't exactly say that such friendless is the rule, to say the least, especially in the other cases, or that it's really all that common while he's Zero.
Oh come on, Lelouch isn't just using the Order, it was all a crock of lies.

to take one example of Lelouch doing the exact same thing multiple times in the first season, lets look at episode 8:
Euphie: Is that why you killed Clovis?
Lelouch: No, it was because he was a child of the Emperor...come to think of it, you are too. *points a gun at her*

Now is Lelouch killing people simply because they're offspring of Charles? obviously not.

Exact same idea in 25. Is Lelouch "using" the Japanese anymore than they're "using" him? Is he putting them in danger while he leisurely sits safely at Ashford Academy? Did he leave the battle in 25 to escape danger? Well of course not. Ougi said it himself in 11, Lelouch can't see his own allies as mere chess pieces, he knows hate and so he also knows sorrow.

If this wasn't the case, Kallen wouldn't be there saving him in 26, and Lelouch wouldn't be giving Kallen his jacket in 27.

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-04-10 at 01:01.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote