View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 17:33   Link #78
Lil' Wayne

I've been raging about "die hard fan's" responses to this movie.

The film's intention was to tell the same story as the book. Just because "TEH SCENE WHERE HARRY AND RON GO TO LAKE LOL OMG" isn't there doesn't mean that the movie doesn't do the film justice. In fact, the only thing that was noticeable was the lack of cool battle when Dumbledore dies.

I mean, 60% of the books are filler. Yates doesn't have all the time in the world. Not only that, but the books aren't exactly greatly written and can't really be called literature so I don't know what everyone's problem with "justification" is.

Of course, that doesn't mean I loved everything. Yates went overboard with the "Hermione being jealous" concept. But the thing is, after the books had ended Harry Potter has been a consistently dying franchise and marketers are making the writers do whatever they can to make these films relate to youth as much as humanly possible to reel in new fans or even keep old fans from losing grip on the franchise.

What J.K. Rowling needs to do is admit that she wants money far more than she wants to be identified as a brilliant author and write Harry Potter and the Curse of the Tiger League where evil ninja wizards break into Harry's house and Harry Potter and the guy from Die Hard have to kill all of them.

Last edited by Lil' Wayne; 2009-07-20 at 22:32.
Lil' Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote