View Single Post
Old 2004-11-08, 00:52   Link #53
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
As you know I am leaving Japan, I am packing my stuff everyday. All non-gashapon models are almost completely packed. When I pack gashapon models maybe I can pile them up to create a mountain of 3,300+ gashapon models for taking a shot. The shipment of my stuff will cost 300,000~400,000 yen and that is a big hit I have to hold off the purchase of new releases.
Your company isn't paying for the shipping of your household stuff to your new location? Oi; that's rough.

Quote:
If you love collecting soft figures and you want to collect gashapons and trading figures you are bound to investing a lot of money to finish a set of them. I usually have 30-50 pieces of 100-yen coins ready for gashapon dispensers. There is slim chance to know which figure I will get from a dispenser (depending on the dispenser model and the number of gashapons left in that dispenser) and I have to wander around several dispensers at different stores to see whether a particular figure I want is about to be dispensed or at least the next or next next one and that needs efforts, patience, and money too. There are shops that sell some complete sets of gashapon figures at their face prices plus additional VAT but their choices of set are limited and in that case I can save some money and use it to get others sets that are available only from the dispensers.
Yup, the dispensers are tough to look into to see what would come out next if the one you're trying to use is even somewhat full. The capsules' bottom half, being colored, makes it tougher since you have to move around to try and see what's actually inside.

What do you do, BTW, with the extra copies of figures and gashapons? Keep them, give them away, or sell them to the stores? Someone must provide them to the stores so people (like me for example) can buy them.

Still need to find the last two "Mai HiME" gashapons for my collection also...

Quote:
Each volume of Gundam Collection 1/400 image scale (volume 1-9 and DX) has up to three rare items, some variations, and sometimes two premiere items. Each set of Gundam Mini Figure Selection has two rare color items, a secret item, and a super rare color item. My succesful rate to get super rare color item is by far only 0.0060 %.
You have actually calculated your success rate?!

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote