View Single Post
Old 2011-12-17, 12:07   Link #1699
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Well, I've been avoiding this thread to avoid any possible spoiler but now that I've done basically everything storywise I guess that's no longer an issue.

My build was straight up heavy armor 2-handed weapon HULK SMASH. I killed the final boss in 2 hits at lv 39. 409 power weapon with double damage thanks to blacksmithing and orc berserker rage. I think I may start a second playthrough on a higher difficulty.

My favorite part of this game is really the WTF moments that are constantly happening,either game-wise or rp-wise. Stuff like:
  • getting a quest to clear animals out of people's houses and then having the owner threaten to call the guards because I "broke in" (or having an armed npc just standing in there right next to the wolf/bear)
  • dragons attacking towns and killing my quest targets for me and leaving me with no idea why the quest just advanced
  • watching my horse clear an entire camp of bandits by itself / watching my horse become so obsessed with fighting a saber cat it jumps off the cliff and dies
  • getting a bounty on my head for killing an Imperial courier in a Stormcloak controlled town (the courier was even fighting a guard at the time)
  • being notified a friend was killed and receiving his inheritance...and then finding him walking around out in the world later (also glitched so that only his top half was above ground)
  • funny physics stuff like guard corpses falling on me after leaving a building in a town under attack, cutting the head off an enemy and watching it roll for miles, a dragon corpse in a city ragdoll'ing into a new crazy position every time I entered for 2 in game months till it finally de-spawned.
  • still being referred to by guards as the newest member of the Companions who fetches the mead, and as someone who prefers not to use those clunky 2 handed weapons (my 1 handed skill is 30 and my 2 handed skill is 100)
  • npcs hyping up X enemy and saying there is no way I can beat them, then 1-shotting them when they finally let me try
  • wearing full spiky blood-dripping plate armor to my wedding and having the guests be some random orc chieftain I beat up once and the Companions girl who does nothing but insult me
  • the fact that my dialogue choices with my wife include nothing except "cook me something, give me some money, and we're moving." Apparently my character is a jerk, haha.

I love this game and all the crazy possibilities.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote