View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 18:53   Link #31
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

My first post on this episode was more on the things I enjoyed. This one is more critical.

While I thought the episode was fun, I did have some problems with it. I get that they were trying to develop the characters this episode, I do. It was kinda hit and miss. I liked the interaction between Yuuya and Cryska. It was good to see them have an actual conversation and get some insight as to how they see each other. Only problem being that it felt a little bit forced.

As for Yui... Are they just turning her into the standard tsundere character? I mean I get that they're trying to show a softer side to her, but come on she was acting like the typical jealous childhood friend character we see from time to time in so many other series. I like Yui's character. I think that she is a good female character. I understand that they're trying to "defrost the ice queen" as the trope calls it, but they're taking some steps in the wrong direction with her character. Just show other sides of her personality.

Now for the bit at the end. I did point out things I liked about it in the earlier post, and I like fan-service as much as the next guy, but it felt forced. What was the point to it? Did we need it? Don't get me wrong I think Yui in a bikini is all good in the hood, but was it needed? Like Triple_R said it felt like shameless fan-service.