Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 03:24   Link #1025
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well not to derail the topic too much, but I think this is a misrepresentation of what a lot of people do sometimes. When I watch an anime at least, I'm not constantly thinking in my head about how an anime could be better or how the characterization or directing or whatever can be better. I simply watch and experience and react. Depending on how I feel I might try to rationalize my experience afterwards, but that doesn't mean I'm actively doing that while I am watching. The only time that would happen is when something is so ridiculously bad that I am taken out of the experience all together .
I won't speak for anyone else, but maybe there's a perception that people who write critically about anime after the fact (or, God forbid, blog about it) are looking for things to pick apart and savage, madly scribbling notes about every picayune error they see.

For me, at least, I watch anime because I love it - and I hope every show I watch is going to be great. And even if I intend to blog a show, I tend not to think about my reaction to it while I'm watching it - I just react. If I blog a show I'll worry about organizing my thoughts after the fact, possibly re-watch it with that in mind (though not most of the time).

And when it comes to blogging an episode, or commenting here, I just say what I think. If it's great, I say so - if I felt it sucked, I don't hold back (though as I rarely stick around for shows I don't like quite a bit that doesn't happen too often). Most often it's somewhere in between. But I don't watch an episode hoping to find things wrong with it, and I'm always much happier writing about a show I loved than one I didn't.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote