View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 05:41   Link #7854
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
At any rate, Mashima has done a decent job up until now, so even if this is ultimately a negative, it's one of very few that I can let pass.
The manga has been fine all the way until Edolas arc for me, where it seems that things start to go too easy and inconsistent. Like Lucy didn't know why she could use magic, later revealed that she ate X-balls, which is the instant cure for Earthland magic usage, it was such a cop out that even fan speculations came up with much more interesting ways to solve the magic seal.

After that Nakama power went through the roof in Tenrou and characters behave terribly especially Kana. And in the end we have that time skip which would have been ok if there were actual developments and proper establishments of what happened in the 7 years. Mashima expects us to believe that Fairy tail would endure 7 years of abuse from Twilight Ogre without retaliating even though Max was stronger than Natsu now and could probably even defeat Twilight Ogre by himself.

And in this 'Grand Magic Tournament', an event similar an Olympics of magic, has seemingly no ways to prevent cheating. Are we supposed to believe that Gray is so weak that he couldn't get a single point? In the whole stadium there are at least 3 Wizard Saint level mages and many S class mages and yet no one could sense or even see the piece of hair around Asuka except for Lucy who's the furthest Fairy Tail member from her. And then the same powerful mages couldn't sense who or what stole Lucy's magic and she didn't complain about it either.

There were so much terrible writing going on that even though this retcon of all so called 'real/ true/ matured' Dragonslayers are weak to vehicles is so bad, it still wasn't as cheesy as most things in the previous 50 chapters.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote