View Single Post
Old 2008-08-31, 05:27   Link #21750
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
You have endboss in the wrong place. That's Schneizel's position. You're assuming taking the throne makes him evil automatically, when it's more than likely he's there to reform it.
He only has it wrong because even though Lelouch's evil has become more apparent than ever, he is still the protagonist. If he loses or dies in the end, that doesn't change his position.

Schneizel is the end boss, but his cause, to destroy geass, is not an unnoble one. He was never "evil" to begin with and now he has the UFN and OotBK on his side, so this makes the difference between Lelouch (evil) and Schneizel (good) even more apparent.

You can't seriously tell me that Lelouch, with his powers, still seriously wants to do something good. Granted he has Suzaku there to keep him in check, but I have a strong feeling that even Suzaku has gone over to the dark side.

However, I don't think there will be swimming lessons in this show.

Quote:
Even if he ends the war?
A war that he started to begin with? And have you noticed that he's switched sides? The people he raised to fight for him are now fighting against him (except for CC and Suzaku, and possibly Kallen next episode) and the people he fought all along are now on his side.

Quote:
Moralize it anyway you want but this may be a case of the end justifying the means.
We don't really know what he wants now, other than ruling the world the way he see fits. As emperor with an incredibly demonic power, he can no longer be manipulated by others, and that is probably all he wants right now. He has never cared about trivial things like world peace or the liberation of Japan.

Quote:
But I agree him bending their will is villain-ish
I'm surprised people didn't see this from the first episode.