View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 09:31   Link #1305
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Apparently, the street price for the Fate Zero series on Bluray is roughly $400.

How the hell did it come to this? I miss the days when distributors had the common sense to knock the price down for the average consumer, it was affordable, it was fair.

Aniplex was wrong to price Madoka the way they did, but now it's just full-stop Japanese/International overpricing.

Back during early 2000's to mid 2000's, people griped on incredibly amazingly priced DVD sets, and yet people still gave the distributors grief and many people stubbornly clung onto fansubs. And now that it's come to this, what now? It just makes all that anti-distributor drama look absolutely misguided and spoiled now.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, because this situation disgusts me.
Because that's not an American licensed release. It's merely the Japanese release with a translation note for the booklet, with the Japanese license holders offering direct supply to American distributors to offset conversion differences and shipping. It offers better choices than outright importing, which many do, and would've cost $460 plus shipping, so closer to $500. Instead, you could purchase it from rightstuf for $370. Far better deal if you intended to import, no?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote