View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 14:37   Link #1315
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Apparently, the street price for the Fate Zero series on Bluray is roughly $400.

How the hell did it come to this? I miss the days when distributors had the common sense to knock the price down for the average consumer, it was affordable, it was fair.

Aniplex was wrong to price Madoka the way they did, but now it's just full-stop Japanese/International overpricing.

yep their fault -> Back during early 2000's to mid 2000's, people griped on incredibly amazingly priced DVD sets, and yet people still gave the distributors grief and many people stubbornly clung onto fansubs. And now that it's come to this, what now? It just makes all that anti-distributor drama look absolutely misguided and spoiled now.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, because this situation disgusts me.
Quote:
Numerous articles have been written about the depressed state of the North American market in terms of anime and manga from Japan. The situation is so bad, many Japanese publishers and companies question if it is even worth while to attempt to market something to the US. *snip*

But on the ground here in Tokyo, the pessimism is very strong. Many creators, producers and publishers talk about France and China as their best targets for export. France and China are not huge markets in themselves, but Europe’s market has not tanked as badly compared to the US and while its hard to make money out of China with its numerous regulatory barriers and rampant piracy, East Asia overall represents a market that is growing and the prospect of consumers with more disposable income is very good.
@GDB: Actually with the yen now roughly close to 82 yen... it should be around the same price or lesser.

Last edited by bhl88; 2012-04-08 at 22:09.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote